Make Your Mother Proud
Real estate agent’s are always looking for the next client. Industry terms for it are “filling your pipe line”, “farming”, “expanding your circle of influence”. Admittably, these terms are a little too “-ish” for most. So you will see other approaches taken for agents to find their niche. Some are better at it than others.
There is the traditional route:
1. Cheese-eating photo on business card. Check.
2. Dorky slogan and/or niche specific slogan. Check.
3. Self made website using Windows Template. Check.
4. Go door-to-door handing out generic materials. Check. Check. And check.
It’s painful. Really, it is.
What to do?
Reinvent thy self.
Which goes like this:
1. Remove cheese-eating photo from business card.
2. Change dorky slogan to hipper/edgier slogan.
3. Hire web designer.
4. Exchange door-to-door for constant Facebook updates.
Occasionally, you run across somebody with a unique approach – and really, you need to give them an A for effort. Like the free tattoo guys.
The moral of the story? Well, I’m not sure there is one. Just go out there and make your mother proud.