Skip to content

Landlords Need to Provide 1099s to handymen in 2011! (if you rent out any property you need to read this)

February 3, 2011

If you are a landlord, congratulations!  The federal government wants to make things more tedious for you.  If you pay a contractor or handyman $600 or more you will now need to provide them with 1099 tax form at the end of the year for services rendered. 

Here is a link to an article provided by the National Association of Realtors on how to comply with the new law. 

Happy renting and good luck out there!

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: